Early Intensive Behavioral Interventions to unlock the potential from within.
Delivering services based on Applied Behavior Analysis to promote language development, skill acquisition, social-emotional development, and decrease problem behaviors.
Who We Serve
- Serving children 2 ½ – 8 years of age diagnosed with a developmental disability such as…
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD)
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Intellectual Disabilities [ID]) who may or may not display aggressive or disruptive behaviors.
Therapeutic Procedures We Offer
- Discrete Trial Teaching (DTT)
- Naturalistic Environmental Training (NET)
- Functional Communication Training (FCT)
- Intensive Toilet Training
- Sleep Consultation
- Functional Behavior Assessments (Indirect Assessments, Direct Observation, Functional Analysis)
- School Consultation
- Parent and Sibling Training
What is Applied Behavior Analysis?
All of the therapeutic programs at Yellow Brick Academy are based on Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA). Meaning, all programs use systematic, evidence-based methods to focus on improving social behaviors and adaptive learning skills. Researchers use distinct principles to understand the relationship between a child’s behavior and environment and how one can influence the other.
Over the past 30 years, research in ABA has shown empirically proven, high-quality clinical results by increasing language, social skills, and the likelihood of leading an independent life. It has long been recognized that Early Intensive Behavioral Interventions (EIBI) are needed at a young age (2 years or younger) to maximize the potential results. Additionally, there is a direct relationship between the number of therapeutic hours a child receives with the rate of acquisition and development.
Yellow Brick Academy’s mission will be firmly rooted in these principles and focused on increasing the quality of life for the clients served at the clinic, as well as their families. From behavior management to academics, all procedures will be rooted in the foundation of ABA and individualized for each client and family.